Applying an Ethical Decision-Making Model
This assignment reinforces the importance of ethical decision-making in nursing. You will apply an ethical decision making model from this week’s readings to an ethical issue.
Review “An Integrated Ethical-Decision-Making Model for Nurses” from this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings.
Apply the ethical decision-making model in the article to access to care or an ethical issue of your choice.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Note: If you have questions about your chosen topic, contact your faculty member to ensure it is appropriate.
Follow the steps provided in the model, including the following:
- State the ethical issue and its relevance for nursing practice.
- Collect and analyze additional information:
- What populations does this serve?
- Who are the key stakeholders?
- What information is needed to overcome the problem?
- After looking at additional information, decide whether the initial problem was correctly stated.
- Develop alternatives and compare them:
- What alternative programs address the issues?
- Justify the decision:
- Explain why this is important, needed, or beneficial for vulnerable populations.
- Find strategies to implement the plan:
- What ethical arguments could you use to dissuade someone who disagrees with the program?
Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 18- to 20-slide presentation
- 15- to 20-minute oral presentation
- 875-word paper
- Another format approved by your instructor
Cite at least 3 evidence-based, peer-reviewed sources published within the last 5 years to support your position(s).
Include an APA-formatted reference list.