1. Which of the following has largely been excluded from Canadian nursing history?
|a.||Female nurses’ role in psychiatric nursing|
|b.||Mental health field of study|
|c.||Male attendants’ role in institutions|
|d.||Generalist registered nurses’ role|
2. Which is true of asylums?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
|b.||Cognitive-behavioural therapy experts|
|c.||Place where people with mental illness could be cured|
|d.||Middle to upper socioeconomic status patients with mental illness received treatment|
3. Which of the following represented a seventeenth– to eighteenth–century societal view of people with mental illness?
|a.||Restraints were not to be used on mentally ill patients.|
|b.||Those with mental illness were immune to human discomforts.|
|c.||Informed consent was required prior to admission to an asylum.|
|d.||Patient neglect rarely if ever occurred in asylums.|
4. The nurse is caring for a patient in an asylum in the mid-1800s in Canada. What would the nurse expect to implement?
|a.||Assisting with eating and dressing|
|b.||Group therapy interventions|
|d.||Antipsychotic medication administration|
5. Who was instrumental in lobbying for the first mental health hospital in the United States and for reform in British and Canadian institutions?
|c.||The Grey Nuns|