2 of 4 References Provided in links
- Must include 4 references, 2 must be from course materials and 2 from peer reviewed references. All must be no older than 5 years (2014-2019) unless course material. We recognize that 2 journal references are out of the date range and will not deduct points if they are used (Goetz and Schaffner)
Nurse Olivia Witte is in charge of an interdisciplinary team at Sunrise Hospital. The nurses at Sunrise have identified a need to develop a critical pathway for ventilator-dependent patients who are about to be discharged to home with home health care. Nurse Witte knows that these patients have multiple complex care needs. It is urgent that information flow be specific and detailed to make “seamless” the care transfer between the hospital and home care, wherever this may be. First, Nurse Witte had to manage a few physicians who flatly stated that they would not follow a “cookbook” concocted by nurses. Then the dietary representative presented the team with dietary’s protocols and suggested that nurses integrate these because nurses were in charge of the pathway maintenance. Next, Nurse Witte discovered why the local home health care representative was not returning phone calls and could not come to team meetings for quite a while: the group was planning a move in 1 month and was just notified of that The Joint Commission (TJC) would be visiting in 3 months.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- 1.What is the problem?
- 2.Whose problem is it?
- 3.What should Nurse Witte do?
- 4.What mode of communication should Nurse Witte use?
- 5.How can Nurse Witte structure a clear message?
- 6.To whom should Nurse Witte communicate first? Who else needs to be involved in the communication flow?
- 7.What leadership and management strategies should Nurse Witte use?
Title of paper (centered, not bold)
Problem Outlined (centered and bold)
Nurse Witte (or Nurse Parra depending on the edition) Actions and Communication (centered and bold)
Steps to Ensure a Clear Message (left margin justified and bold)
Communication with Participants (centered and bold)
Leadership and Management Strategies (centered and bold)
Conclusion (if you choose to use this heading it would be centered, bolded) but it is preferred to simply state…In conclusion, at the beginning of the paragraph