Visit the following Web sites and explore the collections of Ancient Art there:
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The Louvre Museum
- The Smithsonian Institution Freer Gallery and Sackler Gallery
See the Course Materials List for access to these sites. From the gallery Web sites listed above, and available through the Course Materials List, select two works of art from any ancient culture.
2. Using the terminology and concepts you are learning for evaluating art, compare and contrast the two works including materials used, style, meaning, symbolism, and any other aesthetic issues.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
What is the FORM of the work?
- Is it a two-dimensional or three-dimensional work of art?
- What materials are used?
- What techniques or processes are used to create the artwork?
- What colors are used?
- Describe the use of line, shape, texture, value, color, and balance.
Does the work of art have SUBJECT MATTER?
- If so, what is literally depicted?
- Is the work of art REPRESENTATIONAL, ABSTRACT, or NONOBJECTIVE?
What is the CONTENT?
- What does it mean or represent?
- What is the artist’s message?
- Is symbolism used? If so, what is the meaning?
- What is the context of the artwork?
- What is the function of the artwork?
- What traditional role of the artist is exemplified?
3. Explain how the works of art fit into the context of the time period. Keep in mind that only artworks that fit into the period of Ancient Art (created between 30,000 BCE- 500 CE) will be accepted.
You are required to comply with APA style format for quotations, internal citations, and a reference list. For additional information and resources on APA, visit the APA section of the Library, available under “Library Features.”
500 words not including references.
Geography homework help