To individual users botnets are a nuisance because if one were to be using a computer infected with botnet software the machine’s performance could be degraded and its reliability reduced. For businesses, however, botnets represent a serious threat to the availability of information technology resources.
Put yourself in the position of a Chief Information Officer of a hospital who must gain support from the administration to purchase hardware and software that can detect and suppress the effects of a botnet infestation on the hospital’s computer network. The problem is that you are not certain the board of directors understands the threat and what impact it could have. Prepare a memo for the board explaining the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- What is a botnet?
- How do computers become a part of a botnet?
- What impact would it have on the hospital’s network if 50% of the computers were infected with botnet viruses?
- How can the damage of a botnet be detected / prevented / mitigated?
Your paper should:
- be 1 page in length, double-spaced,
- be free of spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.