"Our Prices Start at $11.99. As Our First Client, Use Coupon Code GET15 to claim 15% Discount This Month!!"
Healthcare Information Technology and Standards The ability to exchange and use health information electronically is important in order to improve healthcare quality and safety. Interoperability is critical to future exchange of health data to reduce medical errors, improve quality, and contribute to medical research. In order for this to happen, it is necessary to come to agreement on a variety of data standards. It is also critical that health data is secure from all types of threats and technological vulnerabilities. Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research about healthcare IT and their standards. Based on your research and understanding, respond to the following:
- What are the five main core development areas for Health IT?
- What do we mean by data standards? Give five examples of current data standards that are being used. What is their purpose?
- What is needed to achieve interoperability between all providers? What types of network standards are necessary in addition to data standards?
- What has been the role of Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) for Health IT in data standards and interoperability? What is the Nationwide Health Information Network?
- How do the standards in the EHR systems and interoperability networks impact the working environment of healthcare professionals?
- What are the ways health organizations will need to protect health data from threats (man-made and natural disaster) and technological vulnerabilities?