U.S. HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
Introduction: Include a title slide. Next, include an introductory slide where you introduce yourself and explain what you are about to present. SPEAKER NOTES ARE A MUST ON EACH SLIDE!!!!!
Part I: The U.S. Healthcare System – Define the U.S. healthcare system by addressing the items below:
- Describe the history of the U.S. health care system. Include at least three of the revolutionary factors (e.g., teacher’s union in Dallas, Texas; the American Medical Association; Civil War, and the First Marine Hospital, etc.). Chapter two in our textbook discusses the evolution of our system and is a good resource for this part of your presentation.
- Identify at least one major development from each of the following: financial, legal, ethical, regulatory, and social [i.e., consumer demand]) that transformed the system into what it is today. You may want to revisit the health care timelines available in your course textbook.
- Differentiate the stakeholders and their roles (i.e., health care professionals, clients [patients], government, colleges, and health care agencies.
- Include the positive and negative contributions of how they affect our health care system.
Part II: The Cost of the U.S. Healthcare System
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Describe the costs and how they are set (i.e., reimbursement methods, managed care organizations, Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance).
- Explain how technology has affected costs (e.g., EHR, medical research, equipment improvements like MRI, mammography, etc.) and delivery of quality care (e.g., personalized medicine, mobile services like ePrescribing, disease registries, etc.).
Part III: The United States Versus Other Health Care Systems—an International Perspective
- Contrast the U.S. health care system with at least one other (e.g., Canada’s universal health care vs. U.S. healthcare or South Africa vs. U.S. health care, etc.).
- Include at least one positive aspect from the other country’s health care system that you would like to see added to the U.S. healthcare system. Explain why you would like to see this in our system.
Part IV: Reforms and Improvements
- Describe any potential reforms and improvements that are currently being discussed at either the local, state, or federal level. Your work must be based upon scholarly research, not media commentary.
- Examples could include the following:
- Federal modifications (i.e., Medicare reform, repealing PPACA, universal type system, etc.)
- State modifications(i.e., Medicaid reform, income tax credits, etc.)
- Increased consumer controls
- Examples could include the following:
Note: The PPACA is not an appropriate reform or improvement to be described here because it is already law and not a future improvement. However, if there is a proposal to amend or eliminate, then you can include that potential reform.
Conclusion: Future of the U.S. healthcare system
- Explain what you believe the U.S. healthcare system will look like in the next 10 years. Give at least two recommendations for change.
- Address access to care, quality of care, and cost of care including an example of each in your vision of our future healthcare system.
Creating the Final Presentation
The Final Presentation must:
- Be 15 to 20 slides, (excludes the title slide and reference slides) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- It is recommended that PowerPoint Slides contain no more than five bullet points and should not contain more than 5 – 7 words each. Do not type paragraphs or long sentences on the slide. The information that explains each bullet point is conveyed via speaker notes or by recording your voice to each slide.
- Using speaker notes for each slide in the PPT