*this paper has to base on the eBook, you can use some outside resources (ex. the pictures of the ads), but has to be academic/ reliable. *
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TOPICS – Include an appendix with examples of printed ads. I have included some questions and thoughts for you to consider on each of the topics. You are not obligated to respond to them. Also, you cannot limit your work to only answering those questions.
1. By using concrete examples, discuss how advertising reflects our culture as well as creates our culture. How do multinational corporations impact the culture of countries around the world? Give some examples of the how the link between advertising and culture has had negative consequences.
2. Discuss how the use of celebrity endorsing in advertising has evolved in the last 30 years. Are they more or less successful as an advertising tool than in the past? Give some positive and negative examples of advertising campaigns that have used celebrities.
3. Choose 3 vintage ads and 3 contemporary ads representing ‘the other’, for example, people from minority groups, disabled people, the overweight, the elderly, etc. How have the representations changed? How does this reflect our attitudes to these groups?
4. Choose 3 social advertising campaigns that encourage us to change our behaviour in some way, for example, practise safe sex, get active, stop smoking, etc. and discuss the ethical considerations of businesses promoting causes and selling products. For example, can Labatt’s have an ad campaign warning people to not drink and drive while selling alcohol.
5. Discuss the research on the positive and negative effects of advertising on children and adolescents. Are the regulations on advertising to children necessary? To certain ages? For certain products? For certain media?
6. Examine how advertising for products, like cigarettes, marijuana, and/or alcohol, has evolved. Are the restrictions imposed on advertising such products necessary, adequate, or too extreme?
7. Investigate how political campaigns are essentially advertising campaigns for a particular candidate or political party. Are such strategies an acceptable way of choosing society’s leaders?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now