Allocate at least 3 hours in the field to support this field experience.
Part 1: Assessment Conversation
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Choose one student with whom you have been working with in your field experiences and assess the goals for that student. After identifying and sharing the goals with the student, discuss the different ways he or she can assess their own learning.
Consider the following questions when working with the student:
- What does assessment mean?
- Why is assessing your own learning important?
- What is most difficult about assessing your own learning and what is the easiest?
Summarize their answers in 50-100 words.
Part 2: Assessment
Using the “Assessment Plan” you created in Topic 4 with your student’s personal goals and learning objective, one aligned assessment, and rubric, implement the assessment with one student.
Share the rubric with the student, demonstrating how to monitor his or her progress and understand one’s educational goal. Remember, if you are working in the early grades, a rubric can be as simple as a happy/sad face scaffolding to show understanding.
Part 3: Reflection
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect on the process of developing guidelines to track data and guide students to meet goals. Consider the following questions in your reflection:
- Was the student able to understand how to assess his or her progress with the rubric?
- How does this process help to foster student independence?
- Why is it important to share rubrics with students prior to completing the actual assignment?
- What gaps did you notice in the process of these field experiences?
- How would you adapt this process to meet the needs of students in your future professional practice?
Support your findings with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
Submit the notes from the assessment discussion with the student and your reflection as one deliverable.
- Posted: 18 hours ago
- Due: 16/01/2019
- Budget: $20