Selecting a Theoretical Framework
Evaluating a critical appraisal of a research framework can help you to assess the theory’s reliability and validity, as well as its applicability to research and practice. For this Discussion, you will select a theoretical framework in a published study to evaluate. In doing this, you will consider how this framework might be applied to a practice problem of interest to you.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Identify a practice problem of interest to you.
- Locate an article in the Walden Library, or one presented in the Learning Resources, that addresses the practice problem. NOTE: You may wish to select an article that specifies the theoretical framework used in the research study addressing the practice problem.
- Using the strategies presented in Chapter 7 of The Practice of Nursing Research: Appraisal, Synthesis, and Generation of Evidence, critically analyze the selected framework, engaging in “critical appraisal of a research framework,” (p. 127).
- Determine if the use of the selected framework was appropriate.
- Ask yourself: Could I apply this theoretical framework to an evidence-based practice project that addresses my problem of interest?
By Day 3 post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- Identify the article you reviewed and the theoretical framework used to explore the practice problem.
- Was the framework appropriate for the research? Why or why not?
- What new insights did you gain from your analysis and evaluation of the theory?
- Could you apply this theory to a practice problem in your clinical setting? Why or why not? If not, what other theory might be better suited to a practice problem in which you are interested?
Nursing homework help