ROUGH DRAFT paper – Title of paper is, Single Parenting.
You have various options for Writing Assignment #1. The options are listed at the following URL:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Your first draft is due by the end of Week 2. Submit your draft as an attachment (Microsoft Word is preferred) to this assignment folder This should be as complete a draft as possible, in order to receive the most helpful feedback.
During Week 3, you will receive feedback on your draft.
By the end of Week 4, submit your revised essay as an additional attachment to this same assignment folder. This version will be graded. The following rubric will be used:
- Introduction and thesis: Topic is introduced in an engaging way and essay has a clear and effective thesis statement. (10 points)
- Body content: Essay supports the thesis statement with strong, well-reasoned support. (30 points)
- Body organization: Body Organization: Essay is logically organized into focused paragraphs. (15 points)
- Conclusion: Essay has an effective concluding paragraph that reflects and/or looks forward. (10 points)
- Sources: Essay gives credit to the source authors by citing the authors’ names in parentheses for all quotes and paraphrases. (5 points)
- Mechanics: Essay uses standard English grammar, punctuation, spelling, and diction. (25 points)
- Essay length and format: Essay is 1000-1200 words (5 points)
INTRO PARAGRAPH SHOULD BE THE FOLLOWING:
There are approximately 13.7 million single parents in the United States today who are responsible for raising 22 million children. These numbers represent about 26% of all children under 21 years old in the United States today, according to a report released by the U.S. Census Bureau. The assumption that most single parents are mothers is correct, approximately 82.2% of custodial parents are mothers, and 17.8% are custodial fathers. There is a drastic difference in numbers between single mothers and single fathers. One might argue that most single mothers choose to raise their child(ren) alone, but we will see that is not the case at all.
English homework help