- Evaluate quantitative research questions and hypotheses in research studies published in peer-reviewed journals
- Identify quantitative designs in research studies published in peer-reviewed journals
- Explain use of quantitative designs in research studies published in peer-reviewed journals
- Analyze alignment among theory, problem, purpose, research questions and hypotheses, and design in quantitative research studies published in peer-reviewed journals
- Apply APA Style to writing
For this Discussion, you will evaluate quantitative research questions and hypotheses in assigned journal articles in your discipline and consider the alignment of theory, problem, purpose, research questions and hypotheses, and design. You will also identify the type of quantitative research design the authors used and explain how it was implemented. Quasi-experimental, casual comparative, correlational, pretest–posttest, or true experimental are examples of types of research designs used in quantitative research.
- Evaluate the research questions and hypotheses.
The Research Questions and Hypotheses Checklist serves as a guide for your evaluation. Please do not respond to the checklist in a Yes/No format in writing your Discussion post.
- Identify the type of quantitative research design used and explain how the researchers implemented the design.
- Analyze alignment among the theory, problem, purpose, research questions and hypotheses, and design.
Be sure to support your Main Issue Post and Response Post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA Style.
Babbie, E. (2017). Basics of social research (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 5, “Conceptualization, Operationalization, and Measurement”
Burkholder, G. J., Cox, K. A., Crawford, L. M., & Hitchcock, J. H. (Eds.). (2020). Research designs and methods: An applied guide for the scholar-practitioner. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Chapter 4, “Quantitative Research Designs”
The article to be used is attached:
Davies, B., Griffiths, J., Liddiard, K., Lowe, K., & Stead, L. (2015). Changes in staff confidence and attributions for challenging behaviour after training in positive behavioural support within a forensic medium secure service. Journal of Forensic Psychiatry & Psychology, 26(6), 847–861. doi: 10.1080/14789949.2015.1072574