Though project managers often gain a great deal of experiential knowledge through the project management process, project evaluation offers them a chance to formalize the lessons they have learned. Part 3 of the Individual Project focuses on issues related to evaluating the success of a project and the debriefing process for capturing lessons learned. If conducting an interview, your interviewee must be able to speak to these topics. Alternatively, you may examine a minimum of three organizations that have published descriptions about the evaluation and debriefing process of a health care information technology project.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Review the Individual Project Overview document linked in this week’s Learning Resources for additional information on this project. Pay particular attention to the questions you should ask in your interview.
- Locate a professional who manages or works on special projects in health care and is willing to speak about his or her experience.
- If such a person is not readily available to you, find someone in your community who has managed a project for an organization. The organization can be a volunteer service group, a faith-based group, a business, or another that meets your needs. The goal is to find an individual who has been in charge of a project important to the organization.
- Review the topics and questions below that should be addressed in your interview.
- Think about other related questions you might have for your interviewee and solidify your goals for speaking to and learning from this person. Topics and Questions: As in the other interviews, you will need to adapt your questions to the individual,setting, and projects. You are not required to ask these specific questions, but you arerequired to address the topics listed below (Note: If the interviewee cannot address atopic, conduct a literature search to find scholarly information or research on that topic). Evaluation · What tools or strategies do you use to evaluate the success of a project?· Can you give an example of a project that failed (or was not successful)? Lessons Learned · Describe the project outcomes o What were some successful outcomes of the project? Were the projectgoals met?o How do you conduct a debriefing of the project with the project team?o What happens to the information gained from the debriefing?o How do the project team and the organization support project debriefing? · Companies have historically looked at technical skills, but more and morebusiness managers are realizing that the absence of good “people” skills tends tocripple projects. What are three critically important things a project manager (orproject team member) must do well to help a project succeed? Please add questions of your own, including asking for advice for the future from yourinterviewee. To complete: In a 4- to 6-page paper in APA format with a minimum of 4 references from the list below. Reflect on your experience and address the following level one headings as numbered below:
- Describe the context of your interview—where and how the interview took place, why you
- selected this individual, and how you believe this individual meets the requirements for this Assignment.
- Describe the role and functions of the individual within the context of the individual’s organizational structure and for project management.
- Synthesize insights on how evaluation and debriefing are addressed in the interviewee’s organization.
- Compare the insights from your interview with information from project management literature about evaluation and debriefing. Be sure that the comparisons you make are clear to the reader.
- Explain how your insights into these aspects of project management will impact your ability to successfully manage health care information technology projects. Include any tips the individual described for managing a successful project.
- Synthesize insights and conclusions gained from your interviews about project management and how project management is conducted in the interviewee’s organization.
- Summarize how evaluations and debriefings in the real-world setting of the interviewee and compare to the project management literature.
- Address how the use or non-use of formal project management could impact the success of health care information technology projects. Use literature sources to support your perspectives on this topic.