Final Paper Questions
Students can choose to write one of the two following papers with the following themes:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Analyze the office at Glengarry-Glenross from a Marxist perspective. What would Marx have to say about what transpires at the office?
Paper 2: Analyze the office at Glengarry-Glenross from a Utilitarian and Pragmatist perspective. What would the Utilitarians and the Pragmatists have to say about what transpires at the office?
The midterm paper is due on Friday, December 18.
MODULATION OF THE PAPER TASK
In order to write a good paper the student needs to combine knowledge and information from the following three areas assigned:
A. FROM FILM
- Distinguish, analyze characters and events.
- Read their actions, and statements, consider the consequences.
B. FROM LOGIC READINGS
- Know the structure of the argument.
- Avoid Informal Fallacies.
- May use inductive or/and deductive arguments.
- Produce a valid and sound argument.
- Start with a claim, and prove it.
C. FROM MAGEE READINGS
- Show understanding of Marxist theory and his critique of Capitalism.
- Show understanding of Utilitarianism and American Pragmatism.
The paper will be graded on the student’s ability to do the following:
- Construct a valid and sound argument.
- Show good understanding of the assigned readings.
- Show good application of the assigned readings.
- Demonstrate a careful reading of the film characters and actions.
The lectures on how to write our first term paper are most important to be attended by the student. They will also be recorded and posted in Conferences, but it is only in the live sessions that the students will be able to ask their own questions.