Requirements: Students will write an essay in response to list of prompts generated by the textbook and narrowed by the teacher.
Turnitin.com will recognize it and you will receive a zero!
- In some countries every young person must serve two years of military service. Should we have a similar policy in the United States? Write an essay stating your position on this issue and supporting it with convincing reasons. Be sure to explain your reasons in detail.
- Your principal is considering a new grading policy that replaces letter or number grades on report cards with pass or fail. What is your position concerning this issue? Write a letter to your principal stating your position and supporting it with convincing reasons. Be sure to explain your reasons in detail.
- In an effort to save money, your local school board is considering eliminating elective subjects such as art, band, and auto mechanics. What is your position on this issue? Write a letter to the school board stating your position and supporting it with convincing reasons. Be sure to explain your reasons in detail.
- Your city council is considering a proposal that would ban the use of cell phones in privately owned businesses such as restaurants, movie theaters, and retail stores. Violators would be subject to a fine. What is your position on this issue? Write a letter in which you convince the city council to support your position, giving strong evidence for your reasons.
The student is strongly urged to use the following in writing and editing the essay.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· Persuasive Techniques (or appeals): Logical (logos), Ethical (ethos), or Emotional (pathos)
Organize your paper into at least 5 paragraphs consisting of the following –
1. Introduction that begins with a clear claim (a thesis statement).
2. Support for the claim (reasons and evidence). If you use a source, CITE IT.
3. More support for the claim (reasons and evidence). If you use a source, CITE IT.
4. Anticipate the counter-arguments and refute them.
5. Finish with a summative conclusion that calls the reader to act.
6. Optional Works Cited page if you use sources.