ORG 6499 Week 1 discussion
Weekly Discussion 1
Dimensions of Diversity
For years, the term diversity has been associated with specific parameters such as race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, etc. It is important that we continue to understand those dimensions of diversity to evolve our conversation to more global aspects of our cultural selves. The graphic (click to enlarge) illustrates many dimensions of diversity that you may or may not have thought about.
For your initial discussion post think of diversity in all of its dimensions and discuss the concept of “difference.” What does it mean to be “different”? How do you determine who or what is different? Be sure to address the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- In your family (extended, or otherwise), community, and workplace, what dimensions do you think of when you think someone is “different” than you? Do you focus on different dimensions depending on those three contexts?
- Of those dimensions you think of, which can be changed and which cannot be changed?
- Of those dimensions you think of, which are visible and which are non-visible? What are the advantages and disadvantages to having non-visible dimensions of diversity rather than visible ones?
Kaufman, E. (2015). Eyes on extension: A model for diverse advisory leadership [SlideShare Image, p. 9]. Retrieved from http://www.slideshare.net/erickkaufman/eyes-on-extension-a-model-for-diverse-advisory-leadership (Links to an external site.)
Your initial post is due by Day 3 of the week. Before beginning, carefully read the Writing Center’s guide Writing a Discussion Board Post, and be sure to sign up and use Grammarly as a proofing tool!
Your initial discussion post should be at least 300 words (about three paragraphs).
Initial Post Checklist:
- Did you use scholarly resources to support your work?
- Did you discuss each area in the instruction and Grading Rubric?
- Did you use APA?
Psychology homework help