https://courseworkheros.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/logo-300x47.png 0 0 admin https://courseworkheros.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/logo-300x47.png admin2023-04-27 16:26:002023-04-27 16:26:00Nursing Migration and Global Health,
Nursing Migration and Global Health,
- After reading three or more of the articles/resources referenced in Lesson 3 and others you have researched, post the following in this discussion board:
- In your estimation: What role should nurses play in global health?
- What is your belief regarding the global migration/recruitment of nurses?
- Include your citations in the posting with a reference list at the end. (APA style).Max 1 page as well as reference page needed
- American Nurses Association – ANA Testifies on Nurse Immigration: http://www.rnaction.org/site/PageServer?pagename=CUP_Arch_080408_lu2_nurseimmigration&ct=1&ct=1
- Carlton, K. H., Ryan, M., Ali, N. S., & Kelsey, B. (May/June 2007). Integration of global health concepts in nursing curricula: A national study. Nursing Education Perspectives, 28(3), 124-129.
- Crigger, N. J. (January 2008). Towards a viable and just global nursing ethics. Nursing Ethics, 15(1), 17-27.
- Cutcliffe, J. R. & Yarbrough, S. (July/Aug 2007). Globalization, commodification and mass transplant of nurses: Part 1. British Journal of Nursing, 16(14), 876-880.
- Cutcliffe, J. R. & Yarbrough, S. (Aug/Sept 2007). Globalization, commodification and mass transplant of nurses: Part 2. British Journal of Nursing, 16(15), 926-930.
- Globalization and Recruitment of Foreign Nurses (from the Washington State Nurses Association:
- ICN Position Statement on Ethical Recruiting of Nurses: http://www.icn.ch/psrecruit01.htm
- Kingma, M. (2008). Nurses on the move: Historical perspective and current issues. The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 13(2). Retrieved from http://www.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/ANAMarketplace/ANAPeriodicals/OJIN/TableofContents/vol132008/No2May08/NursesontheMove.html
- Kulwicki, A. (October 2006). Improving global health care through diversity. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 17(4), 396 – 397. [Unique login may be required: username is mdcmed; password is medical.]
- Nursing Self Sufficiency/Sustainability in the Global Context: http://www.hrhresourcecenter.org/node/1766
- Seloilwe, E. S. (June 2005). Globalization and nursing: Guest editorial. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 50(6), 571.
- World Health Organization: Articles on Migration: http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/82/8/en/
- Yu Xu, PhD; Helen Zaikina-Montgomery, MA; Jay J. Shen, PhD, Posted: 03/25/2010; Nurs Econ. 2010;28(1):19-43. © 2010 Jannetti Publications, Inc. Characteristics of Internationally Educated Nurses in the United States: An Update from the 2004 National Sample Survey of Registered Nurses(You will have to log in to Medscape to read this article.)