Likewise, you don’t have to be a database designer to apply visual tools such as database diagrams. For example, creating or studying a database diagram can help you, as a leader in a healthcare organization, understand the data needs of the organization or of your team.
This is in turn can create efficiencies and drive improvements at varied levels of patient care. As a nurse, database diagrams can help you analyze the data structure and how to make best use of the available data and functionality in the provision of care. At every level of an organization, an understanding of database diagrams can help in providing feedback to database managers that in turn can help drive improvements.
In your Module 2 Assignment, you create a database diagram for the database that you proposed in the Week 3 Discussion and built upon in the Week 4 Discussion. You also create a PICOT question to be used to search your proposed database. Finally, you develop an analysis of your database design, explaining the proposed structure and design elements while justifying your approach.
- Review the Learning Resources.
- Review your posts from the Weeks 3 and 4 Discussions and the scenario on which they are based.
- Consider a clinical research question you might ask that could be informed by the data in your database.
- Restate your clinical question as a PICOT question.
Assignment (2- to 3-page paper and a diagram of a database as an appendix):
Using the scenario from Week 3, create a diagram of your proposed database using Microsoft Word.
- Include the additions made in Week 4.
- Complete the diagram first, but place it as the final page or pages of your submission. The diagram is separate from the required page count.
In the narrative portion of the assignment:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Explain how your diagram articulates your planned design.
- Explain the principles behind selecting key fields and defining relationships. Be specific and support your response with evidence.
- Write a sample PICOT question (i.e., a query) you might ask based on the information in the database created during Weeks 3 and 4 to demonstrate your understanding of the connection between data and research.
- List the tables in the database that you would need to include when answering your question.