Nursing Assignment (1000 Words)
Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Assignment: This assignment is an APA paper between 750 and 1250 words in length and contain all four scholarly sources provided plus the textbook and one more scholarly source of your choice. Read the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. Security InfoWatch. (2013). Responding to active shooters in hospitals. SecurityInfoWatch.Com. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/1434488744?accountid=34574. Click Here for Article
2. Balingit, M. (2012, March 9). Hospital shootings shock Oakland 2 dead, 7 injured at Western Psych; Police kill gunman in exchange of fire. Pittsburgh Post – Gazette. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/926869011?accountid=34574 Click here for article
3. Hospital Employee Health. (2013). Most hospital shootings are not preventable. Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/1282083457/B7656E930CE04F5FPQ/1?accountid=193269 Click here for article
4. The Joint Commission. (2014, July). Preparing for active shooter situations. Quick Safety. Retrieved from https://www.jointcommission.org/issues/article.aspx?Article=h1wY0qOAjXjKMD9Np15aXCoh6JDFt4iaFxb%2f%2fTKfNWE%3d Click here for article
Part 1: Active Shooters
First: Compare and discuss the information in the 4 articles above (any similarities, differences, surprises).
Next: Answer these questions on your personal experience:
- Has your workplace prepared for an active shooter? What is the protocol? What preparations has your hospital taken?
- What is your responsibility as a nurse caring for patients?
Part 2. Bullying
Bullying in the nursing workforce has become an increasing topic of concern. Research this topic.
- Describe reasons why bullying is a problem in nursing.
- Provide suggestions for a new nurse who is being bullied by coworkers.
- What is your responsibility if you see a fellow nurse being bullied?