Learning Activity regarding Nursing: The Scope and Standards of Practice
Using your book please answer the following questions. You may use the words in the book with references included, but I believe you demonstrate understanding by explaining in your own words-this is a learning experience and it is helpful to know what you think these things mean so we can be sure you do understand what it means!
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
I know you are using your book, but please be sure to include the reference in APA format at the bottom of the page-thanks!
1. What is the definition of Nursing?
2. Using the glossary in the book define the following and then describe it in your own words
a. Scope of nursing practice
b. Standards of practice
c. Standards of Professional nursing practice
3. Why do we have the Professional Nursing’s Scope and Standards of Practice? (pp xi, 1, & podcast)
4. Development of Standards: The Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice describe what?
a. What does the scope describe?
b. What do the standards describe?
5. What is the difference between Scope of Practice and individual state Nurse Practice Acts?
6. The Standards of practice mention the nursing process. How does it describe the Nursing Process? (p 4)
7. List the 6 Standards of Practice
8. List the 11 Standards of Professional Performance
9. We will look at competencies next week, but why do they accompany the standards?
10. What are the 5 tenets of Nursing Practice?
11. What is the definition of the “how” of nursing?
12. Read the section on integrating the Art and Science of Nursing (pp 6-13) and answer the following questions with what you think these mean-we will discuss in class-I do not expect deep detail, just a starting place for discussion
a. What is healthcare consumer-centered practice?
b. What is evidence based practice?
c. What is interprofessional collaboration?
d. What is use of informatics?
e. What is continuous quality improvement?
f. How would you describe the art of nursing versus the science of nursing? Give me what you think is one example of each
Nursing homework help