Based on what you have learned in Chapter 2, Interpreting The Written Word, write a 4-page (4 minute) script. You may choose to write your script for an animation or for live action. Think of this as a script for a short film or one scene in a longer film.
Your script will meet these objectives:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
• Write a brief, one-paragraph treatment for your story/script idea – See the About Treatments page below to learn about this
• 4 pages, 12-point Courier font
• Indentation and spacing as shown on pages 20, 22, 23 in the textbook. Each script page represents 1 minute of screen time.
• Script may be for an animation or live action production
• Include at least two different characters
• This may be a self-contained short film (4 minutes) or one scene excerpted from a longer film
• Include the slugline (master scene heading) that describes the location, time of day, weather, etc.
• Include script elements for action prior to dialogue, character names and actor direction in parentheses
Think about the type of dramatic conflict that may be the basis for a plot for your script:
- Human vs. self
- Human vs. human
- Human vs. nature
- Human vs. environment
- Human vs. technology (machine)
- Human vs. supernatural
- Human vs. god
(If your characters are not human, just substitute their “species” in place of “human”)
A treatment is a brief synopsis or description of the story idea for your animation or film. For the scriptwriting assignment, you only need to write a short paragraph. Treatments should read like a short story and be written in the third person, present tense. It should present the entire story including the ending.
Examples – These are excerpts from longer treatments. For this assignment your treatment should be about the same length as these examples.