"Our Prices Start at $11.99. As Our First Client, Use Coupon Code GET15 to claim 15% Discount This Month!!"
Prior to completing this worksheet, review the Week 1 lecture and reading assignments (Chapters 1-4 of your course text). Provide a complete answer to each question. Each question is worth 5 points. Please cite the source of each answer below the answer as in the example provided below.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Question: Modes of indirect common vehicle disease transmission include single exposure, multiple exposures, and continuous exposure.
Gordis, L. (2014). Epidemiology (5th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier. Chapter 2, p. 20.
1. Define Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary prevention.
2. True or False: Prevention and treatment of a single specific disease are exclusive activities that do not occur together when providing care to a patient.
3. The ________________ Concept is important because in counting incidence and prevalence of disease it is not sufficient to count only clinically apparent cases, but those who are asymptomatic or exposed without infection.
4. Please define the following:
Clinical Disease –
Preclinical Disease –
Subclinical Disease –
Persistent (Chronic) Disease –
Latent Disease –
5. Match the following terms with their definition:
____ Pandemic A. Habitual presence of a disease within a geographic area.
____ Endemic B. Occurrence of a disease in a community/geographic area in
excess of normal expectancy.
____ Common-Vehicle Exposure C. Resistance of a group of people to a disease because a large
portion of the population is immune.
____ Epidemic D. An excessive occurrence of disease present globally.
____ Herd Immunity E. When a group of people are exposed to a substance or organism that causes common illness.
6. What is the one medical advance that is associated with the Black Death in Europe in the late 1300’s?
7. This is a two part question:
A. Define, through a fractional representation, what attack rate is.
B. After a large wedding reception several people develop symptoms of acute gastroenteritis. It appeared to be tied to eating a specific seafood salad sered. Using the following 2 by 2 table, numerically represent the attack rate for wedding attendies who ate the seafood salad
|Ate Seafood Salad||Did not eat Seafood Salad|
|No gastroenteritis symptoms||24||135|
8. Define the following: active surveillance, passive surveillance, incidence rate, and prevalence rate.
9. There are two parts to this question:
A. What are two reasons that the prevalence rate of a disease I a community could decrease?
B. What are age-adjusted death rates used for?
10. Name and define at least two measures of mortality as fractional representations.