Management – Week 5 Assignment
Motivational Strategies – Milestone 3
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Context: In the past two weeks you have covered a lot of materials, including innovation, change, diversity, and motivating employees. You’ve applied these concepts to your chosen company in the Week 4 discussion and in this week’s discussion, looking at the changes occurring in your company and at how your company rewards their employees. In this milestone you’ll build on your discussion prompt research and dive even further into employee motivation concepts.
First, be sure you have read Chapters 7 through 10 in the text.
Next, please watch the following video clips from the lab:
· Chapter 08: Concept Clip: Performance Evaluations/Appraisals
· Chapter 09: Concept Clip: Big Five Personality Factors
· Chapter 09: Concept Clip: Perceptions
Requirements: Review the research you and your classmates did in the Week 4 discussion relevant to change and in this week’s discussion relevant to motivating employees. Look for patterns and connecting concepts. For example, during a period of change, what was most motivating for employees? Then review the Chapter 8 and 9 videos on performance evaluations, personality factors, and perceptions. Finally, construct a plan that you feel would most effectively motivate the human capital in the company you have been researching for your final project.
Your third milestone submission should address the following requirements:
1. Explain whether you will or will not implement a formal performance evaluation process and defend why or why not.
2. Describe reward system you will use to motivate your employees, in detail, and why you have included each element (base pay, commission, bonus, stocks, benefits, holiday, vacation, etc. (the list is endless, so be creative!).
3. Describe your approach to rolling out and managing the change process required to transition from the current reward system to your new system.
a. What strategies will you use to manage the change?
b. Will you be transparent in your communication or does some compensation information remain confidential?
c. What are the most likely roadblock or resistance to change and how will you plan proactively for success?
Your third milestone submission should follow APA format, be well supported with a minimum of five recent sources, and be a minimum of five pages long.
Remember: The goal is to demonstrate critical thinking and application of concepts as well as how they interact. Key to this assignment is human behavior and how people respond to reward, motivation, and change. Be specific in your responses and defend why you chose the approach you did. It’s easy to create a list of rewards, but more challenging to really defend why they are most appropriate and how you will manage the change effectively.
Business & Finance homework help