Management and leadership
The Vacation Request
Tom Blair has a week’s vacation coming and really wants to take it the third week in May, which is the height of the bass fishing season. The only problem is that two of the other five members of his department have already request and received approval from their boss, Luther Jones, to take off that same week. Afraid that Luther would not approve his request, Tom decide to forward his request directly to Harry Jensen, who is Luther‘s boss and who is rather friendly to Tom (Tom has taken Harry fishing on several occasions). Not realizing that Luther has not seen the request, Harry approves it. Several weeks pass before Luther finds out, by accident, that Tom has been approved to go on vacation the third week of May.
The thing that really bugs Luther is that this is only one of many instances in which his subordinates have gone directly to Harry and gotten permission to do something. Just a last week, in fact, he overheard a conversation in the washroom to the effect that, “if you want anything approved, don’t waste time with Luther; go directly to Harry.”
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. What should Harry have done?
2. Who is at fault, Harry or Tom?
3. What if Luther confronts Harry with the problem and he simply brushes it off by saying he is really only helping?
Apply critical thinking and the learning from the major objectives of this week’s material.
1. Apply critical thinking and the learning from the major objectives of this week’s material.
2. There is no need for additional sources. Any paraphrasing, quotations, or using sources from outside this course must follow APA 6th edition standards.
3. Formal and APA writing and style is required.
4. Only title page does not need APA format.
5. Enter your assignment as text.
6. Responses should be brief; the total length should be between 300 and 500 words of relevant content.
Human Resource Management homework help