https://courseworkheros.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/logo-300x47.png 0 0 admin https://courseworkheros.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/logo-300x47.png admin2022-02-01 00:00:002022-02-01 00:00:00List what factors may be considered by a court in determining whether a police officer has violated an individualâs civil...
List what factors may be considered by a court in determining whether a police officer has violated an individualâs civil…
- List what factors may be considered by a court in determining whether a police officer has violated an individual’s civil rights.
- Discuss each of those factors that could be an issue in this case.
- While discussing each of those factors, identify whether there is a need for additional information to reach a conclusion about each factor.
- Discuss whether having detailed procedures in place for responding to a call such as this could impact the decision of whether the officers violated the individual’s civil rights.
- Did the officers have sufficient cause to be on stake out at the office supply store?
- Defend your answer based on research into law enforcement operations in a small agency.
- Hypothetically speaking, what if the suspect’s rights were violated?
- Would you (as the chief of police) support some form of disciplinary action against the officers involved? Why or why not?
- What factors could influence that decision?
- Should the man’s wife be entitled to collect damages? Why or why not?
- Do you believe that the officers engaged in racial profiling? Explain your answer.
- Assume that this case led to a public outcry for a citizen review board to examine questionable police activities and recommend disciplinary and policy actions. Would you support the creation of such a board? Why or why not?
- Base your decision on research into citizen review boards and their impact on officer and department performance on civil rights issues.
Law homework help