Integrated Nursing Practice- Clinical Simulation
Integrated Nursing Practice- Clinical Simulation Scenario- Report Writing Assignment…
NSB231: Integrated Nursing Practice- Clinical Simulation Scenario- Report Writing Assignment
You will engage in a face-to-face clinical simulation scenario based on interprofessional teamwork. This scenario will require that you use a collaborative approach to respond to the problems and challenges of the given situation. You will watch videos and complete pre-reading before the session. After the session, you willundertake critical analysis and evaluation of a particular aspect of the simulation.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. Review the Mr Harry Bright case study including the videos that set the context, the simulation pre-reading and the patient related documentation available in your Blackboard site under Week 5 Clinical Simulation and Assessment Task 1.
2. Review the knowledge and skills relating to:
a. Nursing Care implications: Coronary artery disease, Angioplasty (PTCI), Chest Pain
b. Processes for patient assessment and patient assessment.
c. ISBAR framework for effective communication
d. Vital sign monitoring
e. IVT and infusion management
f. BGL monitoring
g. Clinical reasoning and decision-making.
3. View the Clinical Simulation Learning Experience video.
4. Participate in the Clinical Simulation and debrief.
5. Reflect on your clinical simulation experience and write your response to the following two questions:
Assessment is a key component of nursing practice, required for planning and provision of patient and family centred care. The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) in the national competency standard for registered nurses states that, “The registered nurse assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care in collaboration with individuals and the multidisciplinary health care team so as to achieve goals and health outcomes.”
The simulation scenario involved Mr Bright who had just undergone an angioplasty. A potential problem related to this procedure includes impaired tissue perfusion related to haematoma formation or bleeding.
You are required to find two (2) contemporary, valid research articles (no older than 7 years) relating to the care of the patient undergoing angioplasty. Read the articles focusing on the assessment elements of care required post procedure. (Don’t forget to link your assessment reasoning to anatomy and physiology and pathophysiology).
1. Reflecting on the simulation, you are required to identify CORRECT nursing assessment performed on Mr Bright
relating to the problem stated above. Justify your discussion using evidence from your researched articles.
2. Reflecting on the simulation, you are now required to identify those elements of nursing assessment that were
NOT performed on Mr Bright relating to the problem stated above. Justify your discussion using evidence from your
National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards for Clinical Handover recommend that communication of patient information should be conducted in a standardised format using a structured process in order to transfer relevant patient information.
In the simulation, ISBAR was the structured format used to communicate patient information.
1. Reflect on the simulation at the point in time when Mr Bright complained of chest pain. Using the ISBAR format, dot point your structured verbal handover to the doctor advising of the patient’s chest pain. (You will need to access the patient’s clinical documentation available on Blackboard to complete all areas of ISBAR). As chest pain is an emergency situation, the information provided in ISBAR needs to be concise.