- The organization is a regional XYZ Credit Union/Bank that has multiple branches and locations throughout the region.
- Online banking and use of the Internet are the bank’s strengths, given limited its human resources.
- The customer service department is the organization’s most critical business function.
- The organization wants to be in compliance with Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and IT security best practices regarding its employees.
- The organization wants to monitor and control use of the Internet by implementing content filtering.
- The organization wants to eliminate personal use of organization-owned IT assets and systems.
- The organization wants to monitor and control use of the e-mail system by implementing e-mail security controls.
- The organization wants to implement this policy for all the IT assets it owns and to incorporate this policy review into an annual security awareness training program.
- Assignment Requirements
Using the scenario, identify four possible information technology (IT) security controls for the bank and provide rationale for your choices.
- Course textbook
- Submission Requirements
- Format: Microsoft Word
- Citation Style: Your school’s preferred style guide
- Length: 1–2 pages
- Self-Assessment Checklist
- I listed four IT controls based on the scenario.
- I provided rationale for my selection of IT security controls.