Immigration: Face of America HTY-110
The assignment for this module contains two parts. Respond to both parts of this assignment on one Word document.
1. Watch “Discovering Angel Island: The Story Behind the Poems” (about 12 minutes) and read both parts of “An Alleged Wife: One Immigrant in the Chinese Exclusion Era, by Robert Barde. This is about a family torn apart by the Chinese Exclusion Act (links below).
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
An Alleged Wife: One Immigrant in the Chinese Exclusion Era, Part 1
An Alleged Wife: One Immigrant in the Chinese Exclusion Era, Part 2
Then respond to the following prompt:
Provide specific examples from the film and the reading of how Chinese immigrants and Chinese Americans were personally affected by the Chinese Exclusion Act and the Angel Island immigration experience.
2. Watch “Japanese Relocation”, a U.S. Office of War Information film (about 9 ½ minutes), and then answer the following questions:
- Who is the intended audience for this film? What central message is the film trying to convey to its audience?
- Do you think this film served as an effective propaganda tool for the U.S. Government to gain the support of Americans for the process of Japanese Internment? Why or why not?
- What do you think Japanese Americans from that time period would have thought of this film?
History homework help