This assignment focuses on the importance of self-assessment and reflection.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Self-awareness is essential for developing leadership skills. Recognizing your own strengths, weaknesses, and values, and understanding emotional intelligence and learning styles can help you to be a more effective nurse leader.
For this assignment, you have the opportunity to take a variety of self-assessments to learn more about yourself and identify your assets and weaknesses as a leader. This will assist you in discovering how you can improve your own self-leadership skills. You will be asked to think critically about your results and submit a reflection as directed below.
Complete each of the following self-assessments. Be sure to document the results of each assessment to assist you in completing the reflection portion of the assignment below.
- Emotional Intelligence Assessment: “Emotional Intelligence Test”: http://testyourself.psychtests.com/testid/3038
- Personality Assessment: “Personality Traits Test”: http://testyourself.psychtests.com/bin/transfer?req=MnwyMjk2fDE5NTM1MTV8MXwxfDE=&refempt
- Learning Styles Assessment: “The VARK Questionnaire: How Do I Learn Best?”: http://vark-learn.com/the-vark-questionnaire/
- Values Assessment: “Values Profile”: http://testyourself.psychtests.com/bin/transfer?req=MnwzMzE5fDE5NTM1MTV8MXwxfDE=&refempt
- Values Assessment: “Rokeach Values Survey”: http://faculty.wwu.edu/tyrank/Rokeach%20Value%20Survey.pdf
- Diversity Assessment: “Cultural Competence Self-Test”: http://www.healthystartpinellas.org/pdf/Self_Assess_5.pdf
Becoming self-aware is an ongoing process requiring introspection. The more often people practice self-reflection, the more opportunities they have to understand their own behaviors and adapt their approaches to working with other people, which can improve both your own and other’s abilities to meet their professional goals.
In a 750-1,000 word reflective essay, address the following:
- Briefly summarize the results of each self-assessment.
- Identify the leadership style that closely aligns to your philosophy of care, and explain what appeals to you about that style.
- Reflect on how you might incorporate elements of that particular style as you exercise leadership in a practice or health care organization setting.
- Discuss any particular areas for improvement the assessments helped you identify and some steps for improving your leadership capabilities.
You are required to cite three to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.