"Our Prices Start at $11.99. As Our First Client, Use Coupon Code GET15 to claim 15% Discount This Month!!"
Hi Ultimate Writer,
Can you help me with my homework.
5 pages, APA, use Rubric 1-6 and Friedman Family Assessment-1-17 short answers, and choose 1 from family structure and 1 from family function. Family theorist is Murary Bowen or one you choose. Thanks.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Friedman Family Assessment—Short form
1. Family name
2. Address and phone 3. Family composition 4. Type of family form 5. Cultural (ethnic) background 6. Religious identification 7. Social class status 8. Family’s recreational or leisure-time activities
Developmental Stage and History of Family
9. Family’s present developmental stage 10. Extent of family developmental tasks fulfillment
11. Nuclear family history 12. History of family of origin of both parents
13. Characteristics of home 14. Characteristics of neighborhood and larger community
15. Family’s geographic mobility 16. Family’s associations and transactions with community
17. Family’s social support system or network
18. Communication patterns Extent of functional and dysfunctional communication (types of recurring patterns) Extent of emotional (affective) messages and how expressed Characteristics of
communication within family subsystems Extent of congruent and incongruent messages Types of dysfunctional communication processes seen in family Areas of open and
closed communication Familial and contextual variables affecting communication
19. Power structure Power outcomes
Decision-making process Power bases Variables affecting family power Overall family system and subsystem power (Family power continuum placement)
20. Role structure Formal role structure Informal role structure Analysis of role models (optional) Variables affecting role structure
21. Family values Compare the family to American or family’s reference group values and/or identify
important family values and their importance (priority) in family. Congruence between the family’s values and the family’s reference group or wider
Congruence between the family’s values and family member’s values Variables
influencing family values Values consciously or unconsciously held Presence of value conflicts in family
Effect of the above values and value conflicts on health status of family
22. Affective function Family’s need–response patterns Mutual nurturance, closeness, and identification Separateness and connectedness
23. Socialization function Family child-rearing practices Adaptability of child-rearing practices for family form and family’s situation Who is (are) socializing agent(s) for child(ren)? Value of children in family Cultural beliefs that influence family’s child-rearing patterns Social class influence on child-rearing patterns Estimation about whether family is at risk for child-rearing problems and if so, indication
of high risk factors Adequacy of home environment for children’s need to play
24. Health care function Family’s health beliefs, values, and behavior Family’s definitions of health–illness and their level of knowledge Family’s perceived
health status and illness susceptibility Family’s dietary practices Adequacy of family diet (recommended 3-day food history record) Function of mealtimes
and attitudes toward food and mealtimes Shopping (and its planning) practices Person(s) responsible for planning, shopping, and preparation of meals Sleep and rest
habits Physical activity and recreation practices (not covered earlier) Family’s drug habits Family’s role in self-care practices Medically based preventive measures (physicals, eye and hearing tests, and immunizations) Dental health practices Family health history (both general and specific diseases— environmentally and
genetically related) Health care services received Feelings and perceptions regarding health services Emergency health services Source of payments for health and other services Logistics of receiving care
Family Stress and Coping
25. Short- and long-term familial stressors and strengths
26. Extent of family’s ability to respond, based on objective
appraisal of stress-producing situations
Coping strategies utilized (present/past)
Differences in family members’ ways of coping Family’s inner coping strategies Family’s external coping strategies
Dysfunctional adaptive strategies utilized (present/past; extent of usage)
Name (last, first)
3. (Oldest child)
4. 5. 6. 7. 8.
Friedman, M. M., Bowden, V. R., & Jones, E. G. (2003). Family nursing: Research,
theory and practice (5th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall/Pearson Education.
Structure & Function—Family Theory/Friedman (2003):
STRUCTURE: Refers to how family is organized, and how they relate to each other & to the whole. Four interactive & interrelated dimensions:
1. Role systems
2. Value Systems
3. Communication networks
4. Power Structure
FUNCTION: Refers to how families go about meeting needs of individuals and broader society. Family functions are what a family does. Five family function dimensions:
4. Health care
Additionally…. How a family deals with stress, coping, adaptation, and SPIRITUALITY are all important in our assessments of families.