Week 1 DiscussionThe discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.To support your work, use your course and text readi
Week 1 Discussion
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ initial posting. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Cite sources in your responses to other classmates.
Sample Size and Statistical AssumptionsCertain basic assumptions are necessary to allow for the statistical analysis of public health data. However, the validity of these assumptions can be affected by the sample size being analyzed. The purpose of this assignment is to refresh your knowledge of the basic assumptions underlying the biostatistical analysis and to consider how these assumptions are affected by the sample size being analyzed.
Using the South University Online Library, the Internet, and your text readings, research the following statistical topics:
- Statistical power
- Central limit theorem (CLT)
On the basis of your research and understanding, respond to the following:
- Find and state the definition of statistical power that you identify with.
- State the definition of statistical power in your own words.
- Compare and contrast type I and type II errors.
- Explain how power is affected by sample size.
- Find and state the definition of CLT that you identify with.
- State the definition of CLT in your own words.
- Summarize the basic assumptions underlying hypothesis testing and confidence interval methods.
- Explain how these assumptions are affected by sample size.
- Explain the relation of a sample size to the basic assumptions underlying biostatistical analysis.