#6. Describe the information and knowledge needs of nurses in all practice domains and settings, electronic health records (EHRs), and patient-care information technology (IT). (PO 4)
- Explore informatics competencies and health information technology (HIT) that supports patient care and documentation.
- Evaluate HIT capability to promote safety.
- Develop a view of different types of patient-care technologies.
- Examine technology options to support all facets of nursing and patient care.
In this week’s discussion, we will be examining knowledge generated through informatics.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The HealthIT Hot Topic of the Week Assignment, is due at the end of this week. You should contact the Chamberlain writing resources now if you require assistance.
This assignment will be going through Turnitin.
About the HealthIT Hot Topic of the week –
Go to the site: http://www.fiercehealthcare.com/it
Choose one of the topics you are interested in: Analytics, EHR, Mobile, Privacy & Security, Regulatory. Choice one of the articles on that page (or one of the following pages) that may impact your practice. Do not choose a topic from the Healthcare or Payer section. Be sure you use an article from the Fierce Health IT website as the foundation for your paper. Make sure it is an informatics topic. If you are unsure, email me with your topic as well as the article that you plan to use as the starting point of the paper.
In a professionally developed paper, discuss the rationale for choosing the topic, how it will impact practice in a positive or negative manner, citing pros and cons. Include a discussion of how informatics skills and knowledge were used in the process of developing the assignment. In the conclusion, provide recommendations for the future.
Some key points
- Be sure to choose a current issue. Discussing the use of EHRs in general is not an appropriate topic. But use of patient portals, or needing EHRs that are more patient centered could be. If in question about your choice of topic, email me. The topic must relate to informatics.
- You need to have at least three scholarly resources (refer to the document “What is a Scholarly Source?”) outside of the course resources. Be sure to include the article that you choose as one of your references (and identify it in your paper). FYI – most of the time the article from FierceHealthIT is a newsbrief and therefore not a scholarly article. That means, you will need three additional sources.
- The main parts of this paper are:
o Why did you choose this topic – include the FierceHealthcare IT article in the section
o How does it impact your practice in both a positive and negative way, citing pros and cons
o How you used informatic skills and knowledge to complete this paper (word processing, DIKW, etc.). This is NOT how informatic skills apply to this topic.
o Conclusion which includes recommendations for the future and insights you gained in completing this assignment
- Must be in APA format with a title page and reference page
- 4-6 pages in length
- Be sure to refer to the rubric to ensure that you have met all requirements.