"Our Prices Start at $11.99. As Our First Client, Use Coupon Code GET15 to claim 15% Discount This Month!!"
Evaluation of Outcomes
As you translate evidence into practice, it is essential to consider how you will evaluate the outcomes. As introduced in Week 8, you are likely to encounter barriers as you integrate research findings into practice. Using a framework for evaluation can assist in minimizing those barriers.
As a nurse engaged in advanced practice, it is now time to take your practicum project to the next level—evaluating the outcomes you identified for the Week 9 Discussion and then developing new practice guidelines.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- The course text, Translation of Evidence into Nursing and Health Care Practice, provides a list of questions that should be considered when planning for evaluation. See page 239 for this list of questions.
- Review the Learning Resources focusing on the various evaluation frameworks presented. Select a framework and determine how you would evaluate the outcomes you identified in the Week 9 Discussion (see week 9 discussion in the file area).
- Based on the possible results of your evaluation, envision new practice guidelines you would develop.
- What new standards of care might this lead to?
By tomorrow Wednesday 10/30/18 at 12 pm, write a minimum of 550 words essays in APA format with at least 3 references from the list of REQUIRED READINGS (see attached files) below. Include the headers as numbered below:
Post a cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
1) In the first line of your posting, state the outcomes you are addressing (those you initially identified in the Week 9 Discussion [see week 9 discussion in the file area]).
2) How would you evaluate the outcomes? Support your response with evidence from the literature.
3) What new practice guidelines would you create based on your evaluation of those outcomes?
4) Discuss any new standards of care that would be appropriate based on the new practice guidelines.
White, K. M., Dudley-Brown, S., & Terharr, M. F. (2016). Translation of evidence into nursing and health care practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer.
- Chapter 17, “Data Management and Evaluation of Translation” (see attached file)
Erickson, K., Monsen, K.A., Artleson, I.S., Radosevich, D.M., Oftedahl, G., Neely, C., & Thorsen, D.R. Translation of obesity practice guidelines: Measurement and evaluation. Public Health Nursing, 12(3), 222–23. doi: 10.1111/phn.12169. (see attached file)
Wang, Y., Xiao, L.D., Ullah, S., Guo-Ping, H., & De Bellis, A. Evaluation of a nurse-led dementia education and knowledge translation programme in primary care: A cluster randomized controlled trial (2017). Nurse Education Today, 49, 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2016.10.016. (see attached file)
Abdullah, G., Rossy, D., Ploeg, J., Davies, B., Higuchi, K., Sikora, L., & Stacey, D. (2014). Measuring the effectiveness of mentoring asa knowledge translation intervention for implementing empirical evidence: A systematic review. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 11 (5) 284–300. https://doi-org.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.1111/wvn.12060 (see attached file)
Einarson, A., Egberts, T.c., & Heerdink, E.R. (2015). Antidepressant use in pregnancy: knowledge transfer and translation of research findings. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice, 21, 579-583 doi:10.1111/jep.12338 (see attached file)
In patients in extended intensive care within an urban acute care facility in Eastern United States, how does early mobilization as recommended by National Institute of Health and Care Excellence clinical guidelines on rehabilitation of patients after critical illness impact early transfers from intensive care as measured 6 months post-implementation when compared to the current standard of care including minimal mobilization of patients?
P: Adult patients
I: in extended intensive care within an urban acute care facility
I: increased mobilization of the patients
C: minimal mobilization of the patients
O: early transfers of the patients from intensive care
T: 6 months