Topic: Scholarly Writing Using Research
Take a moment to review the details of this assignment below and gather any necessary files. Once you’re ready to submit your assignment, move on to Step 2.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
“Scholarly writing” is a term that indicates a set of standards are used or required for professional writing. In the DNP program, learners are expected to use scholarly writing for all coursework and in the development of their Direct Practice Improvement (DPI) Project. Standards for scholarly writing for this program are:
- Develop a clear thesis.
- Maintain an objective or unbiased perspective.
- Incorporate appropriate evidence for support (peer-reviewed research and other scholarly sources).
- Present original writing (written in one’s own words and properly citing authors for ideas, findings, etc.).
- Write and synthesize in an organized and logical manner.
- Format in APA style.
The purpose of this assignment is to familiarize the learner with the overall expectations of scholarly writing and the tools available to help you succeed. Learners in this program are expected to demonstrate scholarly writing throughout the program.
- Review the topic Resources prior to completing this assignment.
- Use the “Searching Nursing Databases,” located on the Doctor of Nursing Practice page in the GCU Library, to assist you in completing this assignment.
- Refer to the “DNP Direct Practice Improvement Project Recommendations,” located in the DC Network, to assist in completing the assignment.
- A minimum of one peer-reviewed research article, published within 5 years of your anticipated graduation date, is required to complete this assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
- Learners will submit this assignment using the assignment dropbox in the digital classroom.
The GCU DNP program requires learners to develop a Direct Practice Improvement (DPI) Project for successful completion of the program. The purpose of the DPI Project is to identify a valid patient practice problem at your practice site and propose an evidence-based intervention shown by current and authoritative research to improve the nursing practice problem.
In 800-1,000 words, address the following:
- Discuss the differences between quality improvement and research.
- Explain why your DPI Project for this program is considered quality improvement and not research.
- Describe a patient practice problem at your practice site that you are considering for your DPI Project. Explain why this would be considered a patient practice problem, how it can be addressed though a quality improvement intervention, and why it would be appropriate and feasible for your practice site.
- Provide support for your proposed intervention with at least one peer-reviewed research article from the GCU Library. The article must be published in the United States and within 5 years of your anticipated graduation date.
Nursing homework help