The assessment questions do not need to have any references.
Also the article review should be on a separate word document. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA format 7th edition
Unit IV Assessment
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. Generally why do both management and the union favor no-strike, no-lockout provisions? Discuss commonly used methods for peacefully resolving a negotiation impasse, and explain the advantages and disadvantages of each. Your response should be at least 400 words in length.
2. Discuss how negotiators prepare for negotiations. Explain the distributive and integrative bargaining approaches. How do these methods differ? When would a negotiator likely choose each? Your response should be at least 400 words in length.
3. Social security, unemployment insurance, and workers’ compensation are employee benefits required by law and are not negotiated. Based on the reading in this unit, identify and discuss the 5 groups of those benefits that are mandatory issues for negotiations. Provide an example of each. Your response should be at least 200 words in length.
4. According to the reading, the company has a financial obligation to its employees. The issue of organizations having the ability to pay the employees can be an important factor during the negotiation process. In efforts to make certain the organization has the ability to meet the financial responsibility to the employees, some things should be considered. Not only do the organization look at the financial obligation, they should also look at the worth or importance of the job. Within the reading, some processes that can be done to accomplish this goal has been mentioned. Based on what you have learned in this unit, define job analysis. Identify and discuss in detail two things that are a result of the job analysis. Your response must be at least 200 words in length.
Using the CSU Online Library, locate an article from a scholarly journal or industry magazine about a specific arbitration case, involving a union or non-union, related to the topics introduced in Chapter 5 of your textbook. Some topics to consider, but not limited to, bargaining, negotiations, norms, and zone of possible agreement. The article must have been published in the past five years. The format for the article critique is as follows:
- Article Title
- Journal Name and Date
- Key Points: (Five to seven key ideas from the article)
- Summary: (Two to three paragraphs summarizing the article in your own words)
- Personal Evaluation: (Two to three paragraphs highlighting the relevance of this article to your position or occupation, your agreement or disagreement with the author and/or findings, and any additional insights you may have.)
Note: The arbitration does not need to be one specifically related to your occupation. It can involve any job field
Your response must be a minimum of two pages. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA format.