In today’s current healthcare settings, the increasing diversity, globalization, and expanding…
In today’s current healthcare settings, the increasing diversity, globalization, and expanding technologies produce complex ethical pressures that influence nursing practice and practice outcomes. To be effective in a master’s-prepared advanced nurse practice role it is important to understand personal values, beliefs, strengths, and limitations. The purpose of this assessment is to promote introspective reflection related to implicit and/or explicit personal biases. Students will develop a plan to reduce bias and promote personal and professional growth.Course Outcomes
CO 1: Examine roles and competencies of master’s-prepared nurses essential to performing as leaders and advocates of holistic, safe, and quality care. (PO 1-5)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
CO 2: Apply concepts of person-centered care to nursing practice situations. (PO 1, 2, 5)Total Points Possible
This assessment is worth 125 points.
Criteria for Content
Complete a self-inventory on personal biases you hold. The biases might be implicit or explicit.
- In a one to two-page summary, address the following.
- Identify your selected specialty track (education, executive, family nurse practitioner, healthcare policy, or nursing informatics).
- Discuss how biases can impact outcomes in selected nursing practice settings.
- Identify personal biases and attitudes toward people with various cultural, gender, sexual orientation, age, weight, and religions that are different than your own.
- Select one bias that you have.
- Develop one strategy to reduce this bias.
Preparing the paper
- Application: Use Microsoft Word 2013™ to create the written assessment.
- Length: The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) is at maximum two pages.
- A minimum of two (2) scholarly literature references must be used. Make sure to use references that are current, no older than 5 years.
- Submission: Submit your files: Last name_First initial_Assessment 2_Addressing Bias