2) Read Ch. 2: Overview of Watson’s Theory (10 Caritas) from Caring Science, Mindful Practice, which you can access from the Publications page of the Electronic Reserve Readings. Link: https://ebookcentral-proquest-com.contentproxy.pho…
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Jean Watson’s influence on nursing practice is significant. As all theorists do, she has a perspective through which she views nursing care and practice. This activity will help frame the guiding principles of University of Phoenix curriculum through the application of theory-based thinking.
Describe the five patterns of knowledge and how they can be applied in nursing practice.
Summarize the main points of Jean Watson’s theory of human caring, including the 10 carative factors.
Determine how Jean Watson views the following patterns of knowledge:
- Empirical knowledge (the science)
- Esthetic knowledge (the art)
- Ethical knowing (what constitutes good actions for that patient)
- Personal knowing (nurse-patient relationship)
Explain which pattern(s) are more evident or easier to apply in Watson’s theory of human caring, citing specific examples to support your explanation.
Reflect on how you may (or do) use caring science in practice and cite a practice scenario in which you could or do apply the theory to patient care.
Cite a minimum of two sources in text and include a page or slide with APA-formatted references, depending on how you format your assignment.
Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 15- to 20-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes
- 15- to 20-minute oral presentation with detailed speaker notes
- 1,050- to 1,225-word paper
- Another format approved by your instructor
|Content: 16 points possible||Points possible||Points earned||Comments|
|Described the five patterns of knowledge and how they can be applied in nursing practice||4|
|Summarized the main points of Jean Watson’s theory of human caring, including the 10 carative factors||4|
|Determined how Jean Watson views the following patterns of knowledge||3|
|Explained which pattern(s) are more evident or easier to apply in Watson’s theory of human caring, citing specific examples to support your explanation||3|
|Cited a practice scenario where caring science could or did apply||2|
|Format: 2 points possible||Points possible||Points earned||Comments|
|Cited a minimum of two sources in APA format||1|
|Followed a structure that is clear and concise; submission is free of grammar and syntax errors||1|