art 1: Effectiveness of Behavioral Theories Health education and health promotion programs focus on changing health behavior. Public health interventions are increasingly using theoretical frameworks to guide the design, implementation, and evaluation components to achieve behavior change and increase the health of the community. From the assigned readings this week, review the following Web resource:
- SOPHE Unintentional Injury and Violence Prevention. (n.d.). Behavior change theories that can be applied to injury prevention and control. Retrieved from http://sophe.org/ui/behavioral-theories.shtml
- Describe the effectiveness of behavioral theories in bringing about behavior change in a health promotion program.
- In the example you cite, examine the factors that led to the decision to apply your chosen theory to the specific health promotion program.
- Describe how the health promotion program was designed to incorporate the elements of this theory.
- World Health Organization (WHO). (2012). Social determinants of health. Retrieved from http://www.who.int/social_determinants/en/
- Evaluate the social determinants that may impact current public health issues within the U.S.
- Select a current public health issue in the U.S. and describe the social determinant that impacts the issue.
- Describe existing practices that are in place to improve economic or social determinants. What additional measures can you recommend?
- In your opinion, analyze whether more can be done to address the issue. Include an analysis of whether policy creates interference.