Work Effectively With Culturally Diverse Clients and Co-Workers : Case Study –…
HLTHIR403C: Work Effectively With Culturally Diverse Clients and Co-Workers : Case Study – Nursing Assignment
Case Study :
Australia is well known as a multicultural society with many diverse cultures being represented. As an Enrolled Nurse, there will be many occasions where it is vital to have an understanding of a co-worker / patient’s culture.
Culturally inclusive care begins with an understanding of, and respect for, cultural diversity and can lead to nursing practices / interventions / care that are culturally sensitive and appropriate for a specific patient or co-worker.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Choose one (1) Culture from the following list:
You will conduct research; then answer the following questions about migration to Australia; the differing needs in relation to health; the importance of identifying culturally sensitive and appropriate nursing care / practices; and the available resources for the particular culture you have chosen.
1. Migration experience: Give a brief summary of the history of this culture’s experience in migrating to Australia, including the approximate current population.
2. Health care practices / Beliefs / Hospital practices: Describe one (1) example for Health practices / Beliefs / Hospital practices, e.g. traditional; or religious; or folk healing; or western medicine; or family’s role in hospital care; or birth; or disability; or aged care; or death.
3. Communication factors / styles: Describe one (1) example of a communication factor / style for this culture and how it may affect working with, or caring for a person from this culture, e.g. behaviour; or touch; or eye contact; or gender issues; or expression of pain.
4. Diseases / health issues: Describe one (1) typical disease / health issue that is specific to; or has a higher incidence in people from this ethnic / cultural group; and describe how this health issue would be managed within this cultural setting.
5. Nursing care / practices: Describe one (1) example of a nursing care / practice that would be culturally sensitive and appropriate for this specific ethnic / cultural group.
6. Resources / Organisations: Describe one (1) resource / organisation in Melbourne or Victoria or Australia that is available / accessible to assist this specific culture’s needs.