Why are you interested in earning an MBA? What is your motivation? What three things do you hope to accomplish during your leadership journey at JWMI, and why? Include a closing paragraph detailing your action plan for maintaining academic success in the MBA program.
Imagine that your principal has come to you and stated that the district is interested in hosting a professional development workshop for educators to help them broaden their cultural competence, improve family-teacher relationships, and enhance educational experiences for all students. The district proposes using the information from “A Class Divided” for the workshop. If you argue that “A Class Divided” should not be used, provide a reputable alternative for your principal to consider.
Create a 6-8 slide digital presentation for the professional development workshop including either “A Class Divided” or another reputable alternative.
Include the following:
- Explanation of “A Class Divided” or the reputable alternative video, and its main claims.
- Explanation of how the information presented in “A Class Divided” or the alternative video could be used to help teachers broaden their cultural competence, build stronger relationships, and create more relevant educational experiences.
- Explanation of key terminology, including privilege, power, difference, and oppression.
- At least three additional resources for teachers with an explanation of how each will deepen their understanding of cultural, ethnic, gender, and learning differences, build stronger relationships, or create more relevant learning experiences.
- Title, slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes.
Additionally, include graphics that are relevant to the content, visually appealing, and use space appropriately.
Support your presentation with 2-3 scholarly resources.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
A. Explain your classroom management philosophy.
1. Justify your classroom management philosophy using one evidence-based classroom management theory.
Note: Make sure to reference and cite sources in your justification.
B. Explain and reference an evidence-based strategy you will use to establish expectations and rules in your future classroom, including the following:
• a list of classroom expectations
• a list of classroom rules
C. Explain and reference an evidence-based strategy you will use to establish two or more routines in your future classroom. Include a list of the procedural steps the students will have to perform in order to complete the routines.
D. Describe a step-by-step strategy for how you will handle routine misbehavior in your classroom, including one related source or real-world example to support the use of your strategy.
E. Describe strategies you will use to create an emotionally safe classroom environment by doing the following:
1. Describe at least one strategy to effectively deal with emotions.
2. Describe at least one strategy to effectively deal with conflicts.
3. Describe at least one strategy to effectively deal with serious behavior problems.
4. Describe how an emotionally safe classroom fosters learning.
F. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
G. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.