CardiovascularAnswer each question in detail. Please be very clear as to which case study and which question you are answering.
PLEASE COMPLETE BY EVENING THANK YOU!CASE STUDY 1: CardiovascularAnswer each question in detail. Please be very clear as to which case study and which question you are answering. You should numb
PLEASE COMPLETE BY EVENING THANK YOU!
CASE STUDY 1: Cardiovascular
Answer each question in detail. Please be very clear as to which case study and which question you are answering. You should number your answers according to the case study questions.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Mr. J.L is a 62-year-old male who is scheduled to have coronary artery bypass surgery. His father died of a myocardial infarction (MI) at 65 years of age. Mr. J.L. has recently quit smoking. His cholesterol is 220 mg/dL with an HDL of 40 mg/dL. You are the nurse caring for Mr. J. L.
Critical Thinking Questions:
- 1. What will you do to prepare Mr. J.L. for surgery?
- 2. What assessments will you perform for Mr. J.L. when he is awaiting surgery?
- 3. What will be two priority nursing diagnoses in the postoperative period?
- 4. What are three key nursing interventions? Provide a rationale for each.
- 5. When he is transferred out of critical care, what complications will you monitor for Mr. J. L.?
CASE STUDY 2: Cardiovascular
On routine exam of an otherwise healthy 78-year-old man, you note a systolic murmur.
Critical Thinking Questions:
1) What are the possible etiologies of this murmur?
2) What happens normally during systole and what could cause a murmur during systole?
3) What are the associated symptoms?
4) Describe how would you distinguish the differences between the patient having an aortic stenosis or mitral regurgitation?
5) How is a murmur diagnosed and how is it treated?
Discussion Board Grading Rubric
The original post should be approximately 200-300 total words.
Please make sure that each answer has a complete APA reference from your textbook or other MPI materials and includes a page number.
Fully met 8-10pts
Partially met 5-7pts
Not met 0-4pts
Post is original and answers the question using course textbook and shows nursing knowledge base. Student has responded to 2 classmates.
Entry provides answers the question but does apply knowledge base as outlined in textbook
Entry does not answer the question and lacking information from text. Little or no nursing knowledge base.
Good grammar, sentence structure, and spelling.
Entry has more than 2-3 grammatical and spelling errors.
Entry contains one or more serious grammatical and spelling problems.
APA reference of student text
Improper use of APA format
Student cited text
No use of APA format and word count guidelines.
Use of online resource
Application to career
Application to career by specifying relevant Nursing interventions and patient education.
Student attempted to apply to career but did not correctly state relevant interventions or patient education
Answers are irrelevant to the issue in discussion. No interventions or patient education provided.