Imagine that you are serving in the role of director of data center operations for your company, which is currently using redundant sites as backup and manually managing replication and failovers. The business plan for your organization has changed, and management has decided to grow the business by 20% over the next year. The chief information officer (CIO) has tasked you with meeting the expected increase in demand for data storage while not increasing your department’s budget. You believe that you can meet the challenge by adopting a new concept called data center virtualization.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- The concept of data center virtualization
- The benefits of storage virtualization
- The risks associated with this concept
- Improved utilization by automatically being able to use pooled storage capacity
- Data can be migrated without disrupting the I/O process
- Central management of independent storage devices
- Performance improved via caching
- Being able to use different vendors
- Scalability of storage network
Information Systems homework help