Week 5 DiscussionDiscussion Topic Due December 31 at 10:59 PM
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of the week.
Substance Abuse Prevention Program
The Public Health Department is planning to develop an adolescent substance abuse prevention program.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research about the stages of research synthesis. Based on your research, respond to the following:
- Using meta-analysis, apply and explain the stages of research synthesis that you would propose to address adolescent substance abuse.
- Identify the best practices that will form the basis of service delivery.
- Analyze and explain whether evidence-based practice would prove to be the best choice for this program.
- Explain which steps should be followed when using evidence-based practice for this program. Provide at least two examples of evidence-based practice that can be referred to for the program.
- Analyze and explain which of the summative evaluation methods is the most effective in accessing a research program’s outcomes or effects. Describe the pros and cons of using each method.